(BiteSize) Case Study: Developing presentation skills within organisations
ALMOST IMMEDIATELY WE SAW AN IMPROVEMENT IN OUR INTERVIEW STRIKE RATE AND THE OVERALL CONFIDENCE OF OUR STAFF LEADING TO INCREASED SALES
The Client relied heavily on the success of their staff in one-to-one and team presentations for securing new work and building on-going relationships with existing clients. They found that they were not having the success they had previously enjoyed at interviews and attributed this to some rustiness on the part of longer service staff and gaps in knowledge and personal skills on the part of more junior staff.
Having identified the problem the client approached Reeves Consulting Limited to develop a consultancy project to train and develop the staff in the area of presentation skills.
The objective of this project was to design, prepare and deliver a presentation skills learning programme uniquely tailored to the client’s needs.
Services provided by Reeves Consulting Ltd
- Development and design with the Client of a programme uniquely tailored to his business
- Preparation and delivery of the presentation programme, including venues, handout materials and reading list
- Planned delegate activity: exercises including role-plays, video analysis (individual and team) and homework exercises
- A personal presentation skills seminar
- A team presentation skills seminar
- Analysis and feedback to the Client
The Client’s staff who attended the programme improved their self-confidence and effectiveness in presenting, in both individual and team presentations.
- The Client’s staff increased their sales conversion rate at team interviews with new clients
- The Client increased the volume and scope of sales with existing customers